The Holding Hands necklace design was influenced by both the big chunky beads Frida Kahlo frequently wore and the theme of duality that radiated through Frida’s life & work. Frida’s mixed heritage carried a weight in post-revolutionary Mexico and like many she struggled with her identity. Many of her paintings reflected a constant dialogue between her two Fridas, embracing each side with strength, determination and passion. Whatever identities you struggle with, this necklace is a reminder to hold the other’s hand, as both parts make your whole and that is a beautiful and wonderful thing.
- Oxidized sterling silver & jade gemstone beads
- Unique hand-cut sterling silver hand clasp
- 16” or 18” length (model is wearing 16" version)
- Designed & handmade in Austin, TX
- Modeled by Sierra Romero- read her story here
- **Slight variation in color and size of jade beads. Yours might look slightly different than the one pictured.
Read about the inspiration behind the Sacred Roots Collection