The ancient city of Petra, established as early as the 4th century BC by the Nabataeans, was a prominent hub along the trade routes of the ancient world. Situated between the Dead Sea & the Red Sea in southern Jordan, Petra welcomed caravans full of incense from Arabia, silks from China and spices from India. We can only imagine the treasures one would have found at those markets! The Caravan Earrings represent the movement of these exotic caravans across the desert and through the sandstone cliffs of Petra.
- Oxidized brass & sterling silver
- Entire back of earring is sterling silver
- Sterling silver ear posts & nuts
- Pendant measures 1 5/8" long x 1" wide
- Designed & handmade in Austin, TX